Pick up a juicy Pluvera chicken from Gemini Foods to serve for dinner tonight and give your family a healthy meal they’ll ask for again and again. There’s so many tempting dishes you can create with a whole Pluvera chicken; however, if you’re short on time you’ll find we also carry drum sticks, thighs, chicken breast, whole roasted chicken, and many other options. You’ll save on poultry at Gemini Foods and you’ll notice a rare commitment to quality grocery items when you shop our local store.
3 Ways to Prepare Pluvera Chicken From Gemini Foods
1. Give yourself a break in the kitchen with a simple to prepare whole roasted chicken recipe that will please the entire crowd. Wash and pat dry a whole Pluvera chicken, then dry rub with the following recipe:
- 1 teaspoon dry garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (for crispy skin)
Bake a 3-5 lb Pluvera chicken in a pre-heated 375 oven for 90 minutes. Check for doneness by grasping a drumstick and seeing whether it pulls away from the rest of the chicken. Insert a knife or fork into the breast and thigh to make sure the juices run clear. Serve with brown rice, potato wedges, homemade mac and cheese, or your family’s favorite sides.
2. Pre-cut chicken pieces make dinner a snap and are always available at Gemini Foods. Pick up 3 or 4 pounds of drum sticks, wings, breasts, or thighs from our meat department and prepare for oven baked chicken your family will rave about. Cut breasts in half, wash & pat dry, then soak in ½ cup of mustard and ½ cup or mayo for 30 minutes. Drop moistened pieces into Panko breadcrumbs or the following flour coating:
- 2 cups of almond, coconut, whole wheat, rice, or corn flour, or any combination of your favorite flours
- 2 tablespoons pakrika powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (for crispy skin)
Coat well, place on parchment paper on baking trays, spray tops with olive oil or healthy oil spray before baking for 60 minutes in a pre-heated 400 degree oven. Insert a fork or knife to check for clear juices.
3. For easy Chicken Parm, pick up 2 pounds of chicken breast from Gemini Foods. Heat a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil to medium high heat to sear both sides, then add thinly sliced onions and bell peppers, one can of black olives, and a clove of garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring the veggies often, then cover in two jars of your family’s favorite pasta sauce; choose tomato-based or alfredo. Cover and simmer on very low heat for 60-90 minutes, then serve over whole wheat pasta for a healthy dinner.
While shopping at Gemini Foods, check out our authentic African & Caribbean foods and ask our staff for recommendations when you need new dinner ideas. Shop online for more convenience- we offer same day delivery on groceries.
View Larger Map